Are you IWGIA's new communications intern?
Develop your communications skills in an international organisation!
Are you motivated by driving social change through communication? Are you interested in human rights and want to develop your communication skills while working with Indigenous Peoples? Do you enjoy working independently within a small, dynamic team?
If so, then perhaps you are IWGIA’s new Communications Intern.
IWGIA is looking for 1-2 dedicated and skilled interns to contribute to our social media, press relations, event planning and publications.
We are looking for:
- help with our social media, website content and event support (fluency in English required); and
- help with our Danish engagement through social media and other methods (fluency in Danish required)
In addition to the primary tasks above, you will also help with various other communications tasks, including writing/creating content across various channels and working on our website.
As a learning organisation we value knowledge sharing, innovation, creativity and independence. For us, it is important that our interns learn as much as possible from their time with us and also feel they can contribute equally to our work. Therefore, you will have independent responsibilities with relevant support from other team members and will be part of various groups working on joint interventions.
Applications are welcome in either English or Danish and will be considered equally. The internship must be a formal part of your university studies. The internship is unpaid. The candidate must be based in Copenhagen and have the right to stay and work in Denmark. Working hours are flexible and will be agreed upon between IWGIA and the applicant. We are also flexible to ensure the applicant has the time to complete other engagements, such as classes, exams or paid study work.
You are ideal for the job if you:
- Have experience with social media and websites
- Are interested in learning about Indigenous Peoples’ rights and human rights
- Are based in or can commute daily to Copenhagen
- Are studying a relevant field, preferably Communication, Journalism, Anthropology, Political Science, Spanish or English
- Fluent in English, Danish and/or Spanish