IWGIA members are a strong and important base of individuals who support our work for the rights of Indigenous Peoples. Membership supports us in the work we do in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples’ own organisations, as well as with like-minded NGO’s, international organisations and our extensive network of experts and partners.
As a member you:
· will be able to raise the visibility of Indigenous Peoples’ rights and IWGIA’s work by participating in calls to action, joining campaigns, signing petitions and spreading the word about urgent issues and important events
· will receive news and information about IWGIA through our member newsletter
· can get advance digital access to our annual flagship publication: The Indigenous World and get a physical copy of The Indigenous World upon request
· will be invited to virtual meetings on topics of interest with experts on Indigenous Peoples
· can become part of our Member Forum where you can find organisational information and material only available to members
· can participate in Board elections, by recommending and voting for candidates
· are invited to our member meeting where we discuss organisational matters and important themes to Indigenous Peoples, such as renewable energy and Indigenous Peoples’ rights, land grabbing, Indigenous Peoples’ human rights defenders and our work with the Sustainable Development Goals. At these meetings members can also take an active role in advising our board.