The Republic of Botswana is a member of the United Nations Organisation (UN), the British Commonwealth, the African Union (AU), and the Southern African Development Community (SADC).
Below are listed a number of relevant international and regional covenants, conventions, agreements etc. The ones Botswana is party of are marked with a star.
- International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) *
- Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Racial Discrimination (CERD) *
- Convention on Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) *
- The African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the African Child (ACRWC) *
- Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) *
- Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment *
- Convention on Biological Diversity *
- Cartagena Protocol on Bio Safety *
- African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights *
- The OAU (Organisation for Africa Unity) Convention Governing the Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa (CGSARPA) *
- International Covenant on Economic Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR)
- ILO Convention 169 on Indigenous Peoples
- Protocol to the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights relating to the Establishment of an African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights
- Protocol to the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights relating to the Rights of Women in Africa.